One Junior Laboratory Technician position with experience in Next Generation Sequencing data production will be available from April 2019 within the Non-coding RNAs and RNA-based Therapeutics Research Line.
Roles and responsibilities
The successful candidate is expected to carry out DNA/RNA libraries for high throughput sequencing. Moreover, the candidate has to manage some sequencers based on the sequencing by synthesis (SBS) chemistry (Illumina Hiseq and Novaseq).
More in details, the candidate’s tasks will include:
- Molecular biology basic techniques (PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid extraction and purification, Sanger sequencing, etc);
- DNA/RNA starting material quality/quantity control;
- NGS libraries preparation from RNA (RNAseq, SmallRNAseq, etc) and DNA (whole genome, whole exome, etc) according to the most common and widely employed protocols (probes capturing, amplicons based, etc);
- DNA/RNA libraries quality/quantity assessment;
- Sequencing RUN Management on Illumina platforms;
- Sequencing RUN preliminary quality metrics, basic evaluation;
- Familiarity with any liquid handling automation systems will be appreciated.
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Bachelor degree or master degree in Biological Science, Biotechnology, Biomedical Laboratory Techniques or similar;
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in the NGS field;
- Strong problem-solving ability;
- Ability to communicate in English.
Salary and benefits will be competitive for international standards.
Please apply before March 15th, 2019.
IIT was established in 2003 and successfully created a large scale infrastructure in Genova, a network of 10 state-of-the-art laboratories countrywide, recruited an international staff of about 1100 people from more than 50 countries. IIT's research endeavour focuses on high-tech and innovation, representing the forefront of technology with possible applications from medicine to industry, computer science, robotics, life sciences and nanomaterials.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection, and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it)