Central Research Laboratories
The Central Research Labs include 30,000 sqm facilities located in Genova. They are large-scales infrastructure hosting approximately 1,000 people and equipped with state-of-the-art instruments.
- Organic Chemistry
- Materials characterizations: mechanical, thermal, electric, structural, chemical
- Nanocomposites and Material processing: chemistry, laser writing, patterning, extrusion etc.
- Optical Microscopy: confocal, STED, super-resolution microscopy
- Nikon-IIT Imaging Center
- Graphene laboratories for graphene synthesis and characterization, graphene ink, ink jet printing, spraying technologies, graphene composites, etc.
- Optical spectroscopies: including ultrafast, low temperature, micro-probe spectroscopies
- TEM/SEM facility
- Raman and Plasmon spectroscopy laboratory
- Clean room (approx. 600 sqm, class 100/1000/10000) equipped with e-beam lithography, dual ion beam lithography, processing and packaging
- Pharmacology laboratory, including Mass spectroscopy facility, chemistry, NMR facility, etc..
- Neuroscience laboratory, including optogenetics lab, neurophysiology laboratories, stem cell lab, virus lab, biochemistry facility etc.
- Microelectrode array laboratory and bioelectronics laboratory
- Robotics laboratories: humanoids lab, quadruped labs (hydraulic), robotic surgery,
- Robotic rehabilitation laboratory
- Human machine interaction laboratory
- Machine learning, Artificial intelligence laboratories
- Nanochemistry laboratories, including colloidal synthesis, biochemistry lab, chemical characterizations.