The Center for Human Technologies (CHT) comprises four floors of Tower B in the Erzelli Science Park (about 9000 sqm). The research activities are focused on technologies for human health, rehabilitation and human-machine interaction. The CHT approach is based on a multidisciplinary vision in collaboration with research hospitals and clinical institutions, in order to design and develop new technologies or improve the existing ones.
This interdisciplinary Center hosts teams with different backgrouds to achieve a multicultural synergistic approach to healthcare, including
- An interdisciplinary computational laboratory, bridging machine learning, big data, human machine interaction, computational life science, computational material science, and imaging
- Laboratory dedicated to Neurogenomics for understanding, diagnosing, treating neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases
- Laboratory dedicated to theranostic Robotics i.e. robotics to treat and diagnose neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative disorders
- Laboratory dedicated to Point-of-Care Diagnostics for low-cost ultra-high-sensitivity molecular and enzymatic disposable diagnostics devices, which can be used for massive screening, safety, and food traceability
- The supermicroscopy and imaging laboratory, which has been considerably expanded on the new site