Haiyan graduated in 2005 from Shandong University in Applied Physics (BSc) and in 2008 from the same university Material Physics (MSc). She received her PhD degree in Nature Science in 2012 from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU). Her research focused on organic-inorganic hybrid solar cells, investigating the influence of nanostructure semiconductors on devices performance.
She continued her research on large scaled flexible hybrid solar cells during visiting in Cambridge University. The she worked as a lecturer in Hangzhou Dianzi University for one year, investigating Au nanoparticle involved in Plasmonic solar cells and carbon nanomaterial applied in Li ion battery.
She joined the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia as a Postdoctoral researcher (Graphene Flagship fellowship) in June 2014 with the aim of developingg the graphene energy conversion and storage applications.
Graphene and 2D materials for energy strorage and conversion devices
Large scale tranferring graphene film as eletrode for eltronic and biologic application
1. Sun, H., Varzi, A., Pellegrini, V., ... & Passerini, S. (2017). How much does size really matter? Exploring the limits of graphene as Li ion battery anode material. Solid State Communications, 251, 88
2. Sun, H., Hanlon. D, Dinh. D.A., ... & Bonaccorso, F. (2017) Carbon nanotubes-bridged molybdenum trioxide nanosheets as high performance anode for lithium ion batteries, submitted.
3. Musselman, K., Muñoz-Rojas, D., Hoye, R., Sun, H. ..., & MacManus-Driscoll, J. (2017). Rapid open- air deposition of uniform, nanoscale, functional coatings on nanorod arrays. Nanoscale Horizons, 2, 110.
4. Sun, H., Castillo, A. E. D. R., Monaco S.,... & Bonaccorso, F. (2016). Binder-free graphene as an advanced anode for lithium batteries. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 4 (18), 6886
5. Ciesielski, A., Haar, S., Aliprandi, A., El Garah, M., Tregnago, G., Cotella, G.F., El Gemayel, M., Richard, F., Sun, H., Cacialli, F. and Bonaccorso, F. (2016). Modifying the size of ultrasound-induced liquid-phase exfoliated graphene: From nanosheets to nanodots. ACS Nano, 10 (12), 10768
6. Capasso, A., Castillo, A. D. R., Sun, H., … & Bonaccorso, F. (2015). Ink-jet printing of graphene for flexible electronics: an environmentally-friendly approach. Solid State Communications, 224, 53
7. Muñoz‐Rojas, D., Sun, H., Iza, D.,... & MacManus‐Driscoll, J. L. (2013). High‐speed atmospheric atomic layer deposition of ultra-thin amorphous TiO2 blocking layers at 100° C for inverted bulk heterojunction solar cells. Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, 21(4), 393
8. Iza, D. C., Muñoz-Rojas, D., Musselman, K. P., Weickert, J., Jakowetz, A. C., Sun, H., ... & Schmidt-Mende, L. (2013). Nanostructured conformal hybrid solar cells: a promising architecture towards complete charge collection and light absorption. Nanoscale Research Letters, 8(1), 359
9. Sun, H., Weickert, J., Hesse, H.,…& Schmidt-Mende, L. (2011). UV light protection through TiO2 blocking layers for inverted organic solar cells. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 95(12), 3450
10. Weickert, J., Sun, H., Palumbiny, C.,…& Schmidt-Mende, L. (2010). Spray-deposited PEDOT: PSS for inverted organic solar cells. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 94(12), 2371
11. Sun, H., Luan, C., Cao, L., et al., (2008) Method for preparing polyimide/oxide composite stephanoporate nano-solid: CN101270226 (Chinese Patent)
12. Li, M., Sun, H., Liu, X.,...& Tao, X. (2006). Preparation of porous boehmite nanosolid and its composite fluorescent materials by a novel hydrothermal hot-press method. Materials Letters, 60(21), 2738
13. Xu, H., Li, M., Sun, H. & Liu, X. (2005). The influences of hydrothermal treatment on the properties of SnO2 thick film gas sensors. Journal of Functional Materials, 36(9), 1415
14. Cui,D., Meng, X., Li, M., Sun, H., et al.，(2005) A new combined mold used in liquid-phase reaction, phase-transformation and preparation of porous bulks: CN10044323. (Chinese Patent)
Royal Society of United Kingdom funding, Cambridge University, 2012.
State Scholarship for doctoral study abroad, China, 2008–2012.
Graduated Students Scholarship, Shandong University, 2005–2008.
National Scholarship, Shandong University, 2003.