March 2012- Ph. D. in ‘Neurochemistry and Neurobiology’ - University of Genoa, School of Biology and Experimental Medicine, Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Genoa, Italy. Enzyme activities in mouse brain during development: study of mUBPy and PINK1.
October 2007 - MSc Molecular and Cellular Biology - University of Genoa, Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology and Developmental Biology, c/o Department of Biology, Genoa, Italy. Anatomical distribution of the deubiquitinating enzyme mUBPy in the mouse adult brain and during development.
July 2005- BSc - Galliera Hospital, Laboratory of Human Genetics, Genoa, Italy. Molecular analysis of the gene EPM2A in a Dutch family suffering from progressive myoclonic epilepsy of Lafora type.
1) Xenotransplantation of primary cancer samples in zebrafish embryos: towards personalised medicine
2) In vitro and in vivo nanotoxicity assessment
October 2017- October 2018 Nano Carbon Materials, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
In vitro and in vivo biocompatibility and biodistribution evaluation of carbon based materials
This project focuses on the in vivo screening of the potential consequences, adverse effects, transport and biocompatibility of compounds, drugs, carbon based nanomaterials (fullerenes, carbon nanotubes, carbon nano-onions, nanodiamonds, graphene, graphene oxide) and other nanomaterials on zebrafish during the development.
October 2012- October 2017 Department of Nanophysics, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Developmental toxicity assessment induced by nanoparticles in zebrafish
April 2012- October 2012 Fellow, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
1) Nanoparticles and zebrafish larvae: focus on neuromasts
2) New rhodamine dyes for live mitochondria labeling
1. Best Poster Presentation, Carbonhagen, 7th symposium on carbon and related nanomaterials, Copenhagen, 2016.
2. Budget grant, Carbonhagen, 7th symposium on carbon and related nanomaterials, Copenhagen, 2016.
3. ESCE travel grant, 25th Conference of European Comparative Endocrinology (CECE), Pécs, 2010.
4. Education Committee Travel Award, Biophysical Society 59th Annual Meeting, Baltimore, 2015