A degree in research
IIT gives the opportunity to graduate students to earn a doctorate degree in its state-of-the-art laboratories and facilities. PhD students can develop their research programme within IIT scientific activity, working every day in IIT laboratories, collaborating with cross-disciplinary scientific teams and attending seminars and specific courses.
The PhD courses arise from a close collaboration between IIT and Italian Universities.
Italian Universities are responsible for the organizational and training aspects, and for the awarding of the final degree, whereas IIT supports PhD scholarships and plans the scientific activity.
These pages list the PhD positions available; since the PhD is enrolled in a University, all applicants must refer to the University web site, through the link provided for every position, for the procedures necessary to apply.
Call for application to PhD Courses established in agreement with the Università degli Studi di Genova, XXXIII cycle
To apply, refer to the University website: official call for application
Deadline: June 13th 2017
Dear prospective applicant,
Thank you for your interest in the PhD course jointly offered by the University of Genoa and the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (Italian Institute of Technology, IIT). If have got this far then please read on to prepare the best possible application and increase your chances of getting a position in our world class research facility. This is an unofficial tip & tricks section to help you through the application process with relative ease. We want to help you select the PhD theme and course that best fits your interest. It is an important choice for your future career. Please spend some time thinking about it and feel free to contact us to get more information. A caveat, "us" means here the researcher responsible a specific PhD position/theme. They are all indicated (with contact emails) later in the documents.
Please bear in mind this fundamental element: PhD is awarded by the University, which therefore has the duty of verifying that all aspects for a PhD application and candidature are in order. Once enrolled, all research activities and most of the training will be offered by and at IIT, which therefore shares with the University the organizational aspects of the course.
In order to apply for a position, please consider carefully:
- Your CV
- A scanned copy of your ID (identification document, such as your passport)
- Your academic degrees, with extended description of your thesis (where available)
- A transcript of your courses and exams for each degree (bachelor, master's, etc.)
- You will also have to prepare a short scientific analysis of the project you may want to develop during your PhD starting from the synopses offered (the resarch themes mentioned earlier). This is important! Check the template by following this link (PDF).
- Finally, a declaration of truthfulness about all the documents your are filing. The Draft of this declaration will be offered during the registration process in order to be filled and submitted (it involves printing and scanning)
Course in Bioengineering and Robotics
- Curriculum “Bionantechnologies” (code 6579) [5 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf Curriculum Bionanotechnologies 2017 33o Ciclo (152 KB)
- Curriculum "Advanced and humanoid Robotics" (code 6580) [13 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf Curriculum Advanced and Humanoid Robotics 2017 33o Ciclo (347 KB)
- Curriculum “Cognitive Robotics, interaction and rehabilitation technologies” (code 6581) [6 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf Curriculum Cognitive Robotics, Interactions and Rehabilitation Technologies 2017 (193 KB)
Course in Neuroscience
- Curriculum "Neuroscience e Neurotechnologies" (code 6629) [10 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf Abstract progetti XXXIII ciclo neuroscience (224 KB)
Course in “Science and technologies of Chemistry and materials
- Curriculum “Drug discovery and Nanobiotechnologies” (code 6645) [4 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf Curriculum Drug Discovery and Nanobiotechnologies (31 KB)
- Curriculum “Nanochemistry” (code 6644) [10 positions]:
- Research Themes: pdf Curriculum Nanochemistry (149 KB)
Course in Science and technologies for electronic and telecommunication engineering
- Curriculum "Computational vision, automatic recognition and learning" (code 6654) [7 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf ResearchThemes IIT PAVIS (136 KB)
Course in Physics
- Course in physics (code 6567) [4 positions]:
Research Themes: pdf Research Themes PHYSICS 33 (137 KB)